The Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship at Hillbrook School is seeking to hire a Social Entrepreneurship Instructor. This position is a first of its kind at the Scott Center and will be part time or consultant-based.
The Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship, based at Hillbrook School in Los Gatos, CA, was founded in 2017 to deepen the vision of the school—to inspire children to achieve their dreams and reach beyond themselves to make a difference in the world. The Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship is a first-of-its kind junior kindergarten to 8th grade program committed to engaging students in real-world problem solving that empowers students to reach beyond themselves and make a difference in the world. Our goal in the next three years is to share our unique approach to this work widely with the education and social impact world. The Scott Center was launched in partnership with the Scott Foundation
in 2017. The vision of the Scott Center is to help children see the world as it, imagine what it might be and partner with the local and global community to make positive change. Work with the Scott Center spans both on-campus teaching and off campus community partnership. No two days look the same yet core to our work no matter where we are is relationship building.
It is an exciting moment to join the growing work of the Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate candidate with deep expertise in the social entrepreneurship and/or education industry to support the growth phase of the Scott Center. This unique position will be highly creative and collaborative with equal parts teaching, designing and envisioning. At the Scott Center, the two questions that guide our work for both children and adults are: what matters to you and what can you do about it?We have created new frameworks to understand social entrepreneurship through the impact on planet and people, and in the process we have catalyzed our longstanding commitment to place student choice and engagement at the center of the learning experience. The ideal candidate will be someone seeking a unique work opportunity who has a love of teaching and an interest in helping children become changemakers.
The Scott Center is located at Hillbrook School, a co-ed, independent, junior kindergarten–8th grade school located on 14 acres of oak woodland in Los Gatos, CA. Founded in 1935, Hillbrook School remains deeply connected to its historical roots as a school where children are known, learning is authentic and active, and success is measured one child at a time. During the past 80 years, we have grown and evolved from a small boarding school serving wards of the state to one of the leading independent schools in the Bay Area, and yet our vision remains the same—to inspire children to achieve their dreams and reach beyond themselves to make a difference in the world. Our talented faculty delivers a program that provides 385 students with a unique blend of challenging and engaging academics, visual and performing arts, passion-driven projects, and opportunities to serve and partner with others in our community.
Hillbrook School is a recognized leader in educational innovation, earning designation since 2010 as an Apple Distinguished School. Our 1:1 iPad program in the middle school, iLab Makerspace classroom
, Center for Teaching Excellence
all stem from a commitment to being on the leading edge of best practices in education. Our faculty members present at conferences across the nation and globe each year, on topics that range from innovative uses of technology, to research studies we have conducted on the impact of classroom design on teaching and learning. Hillbrook is intentional about, and deeply committed to, cultural competency and professional growth. We are a community of highly-engaged, lifelong learners. As noted in our recently rewritten and adopted Statement of Inclusivity
, Hillbrook is an intentionally diverse community that strives to reflect the extraordinary diversity of Silicon Valley.
Compensation for this position will be competitive, based on experience.
- Design Social Entrepreneurship curriculum, including the Social Impact Wardrobe, based on one or more of the 6 pillars (Design, Civics, Systems, Story, Finance, Agency) for website and conference content
- Teach social entrepreneurship elective
- Teach social impact after school enrichment courses and design, coordinate, and teach summer programs
- Design and support both on and off-campus efforts to share the work of the Scott Center, including through professional development workshops and conferences
- Participate in a culture that is committed to being at the leading edge of K-8 education, with social entrepreneurship as the key
- Reports to the Director of the Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship
- Demonstrated knowledge of social entrepreneurship
- A love of teaching JK-12th grade students
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology tools and digital collaboration
- Expertise in curriculum design
- Entrepreneurial and imaginative mindset
- Self starter and independent worker
- Experience building curriculum and programs from scratch
- On-going commitment to teaching with a DEI and environmental sustainability focus
View the Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship’s 2-year impact report to learn more.
Hillbrook School is an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are open to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or handicap.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume as .pdf files to our Director of Human Resources, Rozanne Schiro (firstname.lastname@example.org