We appreciate your inquiry and interest in the Resident Teacher Program here at Hillbrook School.
The application process is now closed for the 2020-21 school year. If you have an interest in our program for the 2021-22 school year, please check back next Winter for the updated postings.
Applicants for the Resident Teacher Program are a diverse group of open-minded, confident, passionate individuals at pivotal moments in their professional lives. They care deeply about children, are excited about learning, have a tendency to be reflective and imaginative, and are serious about becoming teachers.
All applicants must be college graduates with significant coursework in the liberal arts and sciences; a teaching credential and/or education coursework is preferred. Demonstrated interest in and experience working with children is desirable, particularly in a school setting.
The Resident Teacher Program places Residents with a grade-level teaching team in junior-kindergarten through fourth grade classrooms and with a departmental teaching team in grades five through eight (math, history, world languages, science, English, art).
The salary is competitive with similar positions in Bay Area Independent Schools. This is a 1-2 year, full time program. All Residents receive full medical, dental, and vision coverage; a generous holiday schedule; and access to the latest state-of-the-art education technology.
Hillbrook School is an equal opportunity employer. Opportunities are open to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or handicap.
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter
- College and/or graduate school transcript(s) within the last 5 years
- Names of 3 professional references with contact information (phone and email) and a short explanation of your relationship to each reference
- Short answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in our Resident Teacher Program, and how did you hear about this program?
- What grade(s) and/or subject(s) are you most interested in teaching, and why?
- One of our core values is "Take Risks." Tell us about a recent risk you've taken and what you've learned from that experience.