SAVE THE DATE FOR GRANDPARENTS AND SPECIAL FRIENDS DAY 2023!
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2023
Welcome to the Hillbrook Grandparents Circle!
As a grandparent at Hillbrook we want you to feel a connection to our school, so we created the Grandparents Circle. If you provide your contact information, we will do our best to keep you informed about Grandparents Day and ways to learn more, get involved, and support Hillbrook. Our students benefit from your engagement, so don't hesitate to contact us to learn more.
- Read in your grandchild’s classroom or volunteer in the library by contacting our Librarian Kristy Esparza or the Advancement Office.
- Share your wisdom and expertise as a guest speaker in the classroom by reaching out to the Advancement Office
- Participate in StoryCorps with the Scott Center for Social Entrepreneurship at Hillbrook for your grandchild as the interviewer.
- Participate virtually with super-fun activities and suggestions in our virtual activities guide.
- Attend Grandparents and Special Friends Day! Make sure we have your contact information so you receive the invitation!
- Share your contact information with us to stay up-to-date on the school. This will keep you in the know of special events just for our grandparents and receive The Hillbrook Quarterly e-newsletter, our largest seasonal digital publication that features stories and conversations that matter to our community and the world of education.
- Sign up for Hillbrook Happenings, our weekly informational newsletter for families by reaching out to Christine Thorpe. Included in the newsletter is the link for our Friday morning virtual Flag, which has significant student involvement.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Donate to the Annual Fund. Hillbrook’s Vision is to inspire students to achieve their dreams and reach beyond themselves to make a difference in the world. Your gifts help us make this extraordinary educational experience happen. In addition, the Fund helps us reach our goal of supporting all students who are a philosophical match with Hillbrook by dedicating $2.9 million to Flexible Tuition, directly benefiting over 35% of our families. As a Grandparents Circle Donor, we will:
- Buy a book for the library or classroom that will include a placard with both you and your grandchild’s name
- Invite you to ‘Morning with Mark Silver’ on Grandparents/Special Friends Day
- Acknowledge your gift in our school’s Annual Report with your grandchild’s name next to yours
- Donate to The Hillbrook Benefit. The Benefit is our major fundraiser for our Flexible Tuition Program that supports 32% of Hillbrook families. We are always looking for Benefit sponsors and Silent Auction items such as vacation getaways, wines, whiskies and gift cards.
- To learn more, please contact the Advancement Office
"We have enjoyed every part of Grandparents Day - from the joy and pride on the faces of our three grandsons as they introduce their teachers and show us their work, to the end program for the school choral performance. Especially watching the smiles and laughter as the kids sing Gobble Gobble Gobble and watch the Turkey Trot."
- Pat and Larry, Grandparents of Hunter, Cole and Drake, Class of 2024 and 2026
"Grandparents Day is a great intergenerational activity because my grandson likes having me around and it's great for me because I get to see him in an environment that he loves."
- Ruth, Grandparent of Grayson, Class of 2027, and Asher, Class of 2035