Flexible Tuition at Hillbrook
MAKING HILLBROOK ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE.
Hillbrook is committed to making a private school education accessible to all families, a key way that our school connects with and lives out our mission and vision. One key way we do this is through Flexible Tuition, our financial assistance program funded by the entire Hillbrook community.
Flexible Tuition strengthens our community by making a Hillbrook experience and education accessible to families from diverse economic backgrounds, strengthening the educational experience for each of our students. This philosophy has been a part of our school’s culture since 1935, when our first class of students came together from a variety of circumstances and backgrounds to live, learn, and thrive together at Hillbrook.
How Does Flexible Tuition Work?
At Hillbrook, every family pays tuition to their capacity, and every family’s tuition is flexible to some degree. Flexible Tuition is offered to a family based on individual need. Over one-third of our families pay a tuition rate that differs from the highest rate of tuition. The highest tuition rate for JK-8th grade for the 2022-23 school year is $40,700; highest tuition rate for 9th-12th grade for the 2023-24 school year is $58,750. The actual cost of educating a Hillbrook student exceeds the cost of tuition.
We recognize that the cost of a private school education goes beyond tuition. At a rate that is proportionate to each family’s Flexible Tuition rate, Hillbrook also offers:
- The cost of Extended Care services (JK - 4th grade)
- One After School Enrichment class per session
- One week-long session of Hillbrook Summer Camp programs and classes
- Technology device insurance (5th - 12th grade)
- Opportunities to participate in class trips, including international service learning and cultural experiences.
Eligibility for admission to Hillbrook is determined entirely independent of an application for Hillbrook's Flexible Tuition Program.
For new students, the Flexible Tuition application for the 2023-24 school year will be due on February 3, 2023.
Key Admission Dates:
January 21, 2023 - JK-8 Open House (Los Gatos)
- February 3, 2023 - Flexible Tuition Applications Due
- February 3, 2023 - Admission Applications Due
- February 10, 2023 - Supplemental Materials Due
- March 17, 2023 - Admission Decisions Released
- March 24, 2023 - Enrollment Decisions Due